Making slime never grows old. Here’s a great recipe for DIY slime that only requires 3 easy-to-find ingredients (unlike Borax, which can be great but isn’t always that easy to find in stores). And, once you have your slime made, there are dozens of creative things to do with it aside from leaving it sit on the living room rug to harden there forever. (ug!)
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup washable school glue (i.e. Elmer's)
- 1-2 drops liquid food coloring (optional)
- 1/4 cup glitter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 tablespoons saline solution/contact lens solution
- Pour the glue into a mixing bowl and add food coloring or glitter (optional).
- Mix in baking soda until smooth.
- Mix in contact lens solution 1 tablespoon at a time and stir slowly until it begins to form a ball.
- Knead your soon-to-be slime ball and add more contact solution if it’s still too slimy.
Store your homemade slime in an airtight container at room temperature.
With our without Borax, remember to wash your hands and avoid touching your mouth while playing with any kind of slime.
Like many things, slime tends to become harder to clean off once it dries, so soak mixing tools and bowls in warm soapy water while you play (kind of like letting those dirty dishes just soak overnight!). Wipe off tables, too, right after you're done playing.
For more fun DIY recipes, check out:
Photo by: iStock.com/StockRocket