Baby’s don’t actually play with anything when they’re so brand new, but you can’t go meet your friend’s newborn without a gift in hand. So, what should you take? Here are a few surefire baby gifts that won’t disappoint baby or parent.
1. Angel Dear’s Grey Stripe Euro Knit Take-Me-Home Blanket ($45) is a super soft sweater knit blanket made of 100% cotton, making it a perfect year-round gift for new babies.
2. If only avocado's were really this cute! Mary Meyer's Yummy Avocado Teether Rattle ($8.99) features a soft, fuzzy body with soft embroidered eyes. The silicone teether will sooth sore gums.
3. Angel Dear's security lovey's, like this Spotted Puppy Security Blankie ($16), are wonderfully soft and little ones love them. We speak from experience when we say that this little animal friend will likely ride along many adventures.
4. This sweet, easy-to-grasp Cheengoo elephant ring rattle ($14) is hand-crocheted using the softest yarn. It's safe for baby to play with and chew on.
5. The softness of Angel Dear's baby outfits, like this Black and White Stars Zipper Footie ($38), is unmistakable and makes a perfect gift for a new baby. Parents will also appreciate the hidden zipper, which makes changing baby a breeze and won't bother the baby's skin.
6. You can never go wrong with gifting a muslin swaddle when a new baby arrives. Swaddles, like Wee Gallery's "Stars" Organic Muslin Swaddle ($26), haves dozens of uses aside from swaddling that parents will appreciate.
7. The sweet crochet detailing on Albetta's striped Snuggly Koala Loungewear Set make this a unique and special baby gift that's also sure to be worn often.
8. Jane Foster's “First Words” retro-inspired board book ($8.99) is always a favorite. Simple images are accompanied by words, including ball, dog, car, sun, bird, boat, flower, and more, and children are captivated by the bold designs and colors.
9. Mary Meyer's Afrique Elephant Baby Playmat ($55) features a soft, fluffy fabric body for baby to lay on, soft ears lined with soft ribbed fabric and a non-slip backing.
10. Liz Garton Scanlon's simple board book, "All The World," ($7.99) is an easy go-to gift for a new baby. It's a sweet story that follows a family through the course of a day, affirming the importance of all things great and small in our world, from the tiniest shell on the beach to the warmth of family connections.
Photo credit: iStock.com/kirin_photo